Garden

Jasmine hedge

Pin
Send
Share
Send


Jasmine

This shrub is a shrubby and climbing plant native to the Mediterranean basin, the Middle East, and several Asian countries such as China and India. This genus includes about 250 species of evergreen or deciduous plants with a height between 2 and 6 meters. It is a plant that for its characteristics represents purity and femininity. Thanks to the ease of cultivation, both in pots and in the ground, to its versatility and resistance, this shrub is used for the construction of hedges, for the covering of gates and walls or to create natural and fragrant barriers for your privacy . The most cultivated species are the common Jasmine, that of Spain, and the trifoliate one, among the most rustic species with yellow flowers and with a flowering at the end of winter are the Jasminum nudiflorum and the Jasminum primulinum.


Cultivation of the jasmine hedge

To cultivate the jasmine hedge It is appropriate to properly choose the place where to place the plants since they need a lot of light. The plant does not suffer from the summer heat, instead care must be taken in winter, because the intense and prolonged frost would damage the very delicate roots. The ideal soil for cultivation must be composed of 70 percent of not too heavy soil and the remaining 30 percent of gravel or clay to allow adequate drainage at the roots. The pots must have a width greater than 30 centimeters and with an optimal depth to contain the roots. The best exposure for the cultivation of this plant is in full sun, although some crops can thrive even in areas of half shade, this to have an abundant flowering.

Pin
Send
Share
Send